Hi. It's going be a quite a long story and I have to ask you a little patience.
I'm recently working on my project related to indoor hovering system(in GPS-denied environment) with Erle-Copter and integrating tum_ardrone ros package with mine. I placed new ros node called mav2nav instead of ardrone_autonomy node, translating AR.drone-based topics to erlebrain mavros topics.
In this process, velocity estimation along X,Y,Z axes is required for internal EKF arguments of tum_ardrone, so I bought PX4Flow module to get those values. I connected module to Erle-brain2 via I2C port and could observe optical flow x,y values showed up on GCS.
After that, mavros/local_poistion/local topic seemed to start being published which had never happened before (I assumed it's because optical flow value was successfully fused with IMU data), but the values in this topic doesn't look valid and stable.
As described in ROS wiki, recent version of mavros is supposed to publish these two topics :
and velocity topic seems to be very nice option for me.
/mavros/local_position/local may have been deprecated, so the only solution that I could think of was to install newest version of mavros. Firstly I tried to install binaries with apt-get install command, but even after updating ROS repository for raspbian Jessie, the package was unable to be located. All the other ROS packages are the same in this matter. Then I tried building it myself from source by catkin_make_isolated --pkg mavros --install command, it took so much time to process, and finally spitted the message like : rasp c++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Some people said this is about virtual memory or something, so I changed swap size and retried, then failed again.
Now, here's my questions.
1. How can I get ground distance from sonar sensor? This is where I got sensors from : ali-express
2. Is it impossible to install binary with apt-get install in raspbian jessie?
3. Are those topics under the name space /mavros/px4flow available? (they're not being published at all)
4. How can I catkin_build mavros from source natively (or by cross-compiler)?
5. What is the best and easiest way to get velocity in aeronautical frame(which is attached to copter itself)?
6. Is there any way to implement px4flow sensor in gazebo sitl environment?
Sorry for too much questions in just one topic.
I spent too much budget and time and I have only a week left to deal with these issues.
Kind of desperate honestly. With a little advice, I would be very grateful.
Thanks in advance.