Still cannot successfully run this example code on my drone. Even after gps lock.
The environment is setup as follows:
1. new frambuesa OS
2. arducopter setup per erle docs instructions
3. apm.service enabled
4. wifi as client connecting to local router
5. apt-get update, apt-get upgrade
6. setup catckin workspace
7. download and compile https://github.com/erlerobot/ros_erle_takeoff_land
8. catkin_make (not isolated)
9. ros.service disable (I also tried with enabled but cannot connect to apm via telemetry radio)
10. connect to apm planner by usb telemetry
12. source /catkin_ws/devel/setup.bash
13. rosrun ros_erle_takeoff_land ros_elre_takeoff_land
Once in a while it will arm copter (props will spin), then sits off and no takeoff. Most of the time no arm and no takeoff.
Things I've tried:
-ros.service instead of manually roscore.
-changing main.cpp file to non gps mode (acro, alt_hold, and stabilize)
-without connecting apm planner
-launch mavros separately
-launch mavlink_bridge.launch file in the "testing flight modes" section of Erle Docs.
I have not tried setting up simulator yet. I'm hoping I can figure out this issue without running gazebo on my pc.
Please let me know if you have any ideas.