I am trying to do the simulation tutorials, however I have encountered some issues.
Background: I downloaded everything in the tutorial "configure your environment", except for ros indigo which I already had installed. I also replaced the version of Gazebo with the one recommended in the tutorial.
I cloned the Simulation packages for the rover and have been following the tutorials with out changing anything unless the tutorials instruct me to do so. These are the issues I have found, images included below...(click on the image to go to the imgur album)
1) All tutorials : The rover appears small in the simulations I launch, compared to the example videos in the tutorials. This results in the kinetic camera spawning above and away from the vehicle.
2) Tutorial 1 : had issues with visualizing the point could in RViz. Not sure why. Followed all the instructions.
3) Tutorial 2: collides with the same wall each time in maze
4) Tutorial 4: collides with the same wall each time in maze
5) Tutorial 5: error - "Request for map failed; trying again..." occurring and map no appearing in RViz. I'm actually not sure if I'm selecting the correct map but there are few errors popping up in RViz.
See images below (click on the image to see the rest of the images)