We just bought Erle Copter with Erle Brain 3 with GPS attached on it. But we have a problem with the GPS, it says that there are no satellite, there were no blue LED blinking, and no gps fix.
Our way of checking were:
- checking from "rostopic echo /mavros/global_position/global" (this is what i frequently use)
- checking from "rostopic echo -n1 /diagnostics"
- checking from apm planner 2
What we have done:
- walking around a building while holding the brain while checking message published from /mavros/global_position/global
- purge the apm-copter-erlebrain and install it again ( http://docs.erlerobotics.com/brains/erle-brain-3/sofware/apm )
- adding "sleep 10" in apm.sh
- starting the brain in the open area, and wait for a minute
We tried this http://forum.erlerobotics.com/t/gps-tutorial-how-to-address-a-no-fix/1009 but due to version difference (warning from the application), we didn't continue this method.
- "sudo screen /dev/ttyS0" shows scrambled characters
- I don't know if this is relevant or not, but my phone can still get the my location, while the brain's gps module can't even get any visible satellite. Makes me wonder how bad is the interference which results no visible satellite for the gps. (Also is there any way to check whether the area is good? e.g. no radio interference)
Is there any other thing I should try to make the gps module work? By the way, I kind of confused about which LED should be blinking, is it on the GPS module or on the brain?